Enjoy a short video about our company.
Discover more about the TAP Associate position in the description below.
- Title: TAP Associate
- Pay: $11 to $13+ per hour***
- Hours: Full or part-time
- Shift: Primarily daytime hours
- Period of Employment: Seasonal
***based on experience and location
Regular W-2 employment, competitive wages, flexible scheduling, excellent experience, paid travel time, and mileage (where necessary). Permanent placement and promotion are possible for those who excel in their seasonal role.
The Neal Mast Greenhouses TAP (Train & Assist Program) Associate reports to the TAP Territory Manager and is responsible for effectively merchandising and maintaining live goods presentation in Walmart Garden Centers while promoting a positive relationship with each store and their employees. This position requires an individual that is service focused, can communicate category direction to and assist associates with best Garden Center practices. Optimize product signage, displays, and layouts to drive sales while improving the shopping experience for customers.
- Report directly to TAP Territory Manager.
- Set Garden Center displays by unloading product off racks and effectively merchandising onto fixtures.
- Build and replenish displays.
- Assist stores with understanding and following their Garden Center layouts, best watering and merchandising practices.
- Communicate Garden Center direction to store employees.
- Assist with inventory control, product cycle counts, and inventory corrections.
- Communicate product flow, over-stock/under-stock opportunities back to Territory Manager.
- Report store opportunities to Territory Manager - this reporting will include taking photographs of live goods displays and garden centers.
- Use company mobile applications for reporting and sharing analysis, clocking in and out.
Hours/Days: Schedule will vary by location(s) and employee. 10-45+ hours per week, primarily daytime hours – flexibility required. Saturdays are required during peak periods.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Requirements: Smart phone or other mobile device. For positions covering multiple locations a valid state drivers license, and an insured/reliable vehicle are necessary.
Experience: Preference given to applicants with experience in customer service, retail, merchandising, training. or teaching.
Abilities/Strengths: Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong organizational skills, time management and able to multi-task. Able to work well with a team and be self motivated when working unsupervised.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to spend a long periods of time on your feet. Must be able to lift, move, carry – pots and/or trays of flowers and hanging baskets weighing up to 30 lbs. Must be able to push/pull rolling racks of potted plants weighing up to 500 lbs. Work is outdoors in Garden Centers regardless of weather. (within reason)